Having a driving camera in today’s world makes plenty of sense. You never know when you will need a recording of what is happening in front of you while you are on the road. But there are a multitude of driving cameras on the market. There are all types of cameras you can purchase that allow you to film while you are driving. We are going to share nine of the driving cameras that are most popular and can protect you and your family.
9. On Dash Video, Lecmal 2.5″ Dash Cam for Cars with Night Vision
For those who do not want to make a considerable investment in a dash cam, the Lecmal 2.5″, 120-degree wide-angle, day and night driving camera is not expensive at all but gets solid ratings from owners. This driving camera has a recording resolution of 1280 x 960/ 720 x 480/ 640 x 480 pixels. The camera also includes:
- Easy memory management
- Seamless looping; erases oldest recordings that are not marked “important” and replaces them with new recordings
- A USB 2,0 microphone
- Connects to vehicle charger, manufacturer’s original charger only
- Warranty and friendly customer service
- The Lecmal is affordable and will do a good job for most families.
- The cost may indicate that the quality of this driving camera is below average.
8. Amebay Dash Cam 2.4” FHD 1080P Car Vehicle Dashboard DVR
The Amebay Dash Cam is not expensive but offers excellent quality and features for the price. This driving camera measures 2.4″ and includes full HD 1080P, LCD. The driving camera supports a TF memory card and sports a 140- degree, A+ grade, high-resolution, wide-angle lens, along with a full HD video transmission, G-sensor, loop recording, an anti-shake feature, and a motion detector. The camera must be connected directly to the automobile power system by way of a car charger, not through a USB.
- This is a quality dash camera at a very good price.
- Some customers say the sd card, not as quality as the camera, it has “frozen up” on them.
7. The Z-Edge Z3 Car Dash Cam
The Z-Edge Z3 Car Dash Cam is a step up from its competition after winning the 2016 Best Dash Cam by Wirecutter. This driving camera has terrific image quality and is thoroughly reliable. It automatically turns on when you enter your vehicle. The camera has Ultra 2.7K HD image quality that records every driving minute by using 2560 X 1440P super HD resolution at the current maximum rate for driving cameras of 30-frames a second. The view span is a 155-degree field and has little fish-eye distortion.
The camera turns on automatically upon entry to the vehicle and turns off along with the ignition. Other innovative features include:
- LCD screen with
- Loop recording
- Manual and automatic deletion protection
- Built-in G-sensor
- Crash detection recording
- Parking mode surveillance energy-saving feature
- Color CMS image sensor and processor captures details from a distance under most light conditions
- 3.0″ scratch-resistant LCD-display screen
- USB and battery power
- 32GB SD memory card includes
- Suction mount with screw-in attachment
- Extra-long USB cable
The Z-Edge Z3 has the best video and image quality of most other dash cams because of its Wide Quad HD 2560 x 1440P format.
6. Anker ROAV Dash Cam Driving Camera
The Anker ROAV Dash Cam has a Sony Exmor sensor, wide-angle lens, and Nighthawk Vision technology that can capture 4-lanes of traffic in full 1080P HD, even at night. You can download, manage, and view your recordings on your mobile devices using ROAV’s app. When your automobile is parked, ROAV offers the protection of a gravity sensor that detects bumps and record accidents that occur when you are not in your vehicle. The ROAV includes:
- Remains operable in 19-degree F to 149-degrees F temperatures
- Data is protected in -20 degrees F to 160-degrees F
- 12-month replacement warranty
- Moderate price
- This camera can video four-lanes of traffic at a time. It also has a sensor that reacts to move around the parked vehicle.
- Might be a bit pricy for some buyers, although the only reviews visible are 5-stars.
5. The Falcon Zero F360 Driving Cameras
The Falcon Zero F360 driving camera is easy to install and is portable for use in other vehicles. It also has the following features:
- Night vision for interior videos and photographs
- Built-in microphone/speaker function
- 180-degree, 120-degree rotating high resolution, wide-angle lens
- 3,5″ color TFT LCD
- One-year manufacturer warranty on driving camera and 32GB, 10 UHS1 SD card
This camera is a bit pricier but well worth the cost since it is perfect for use by Uber, taxi, and limousine drivers.
4. The SpyTec A119 Car Dash FPS 1440P Camera
The SpyTec A119 Car Dash FPS 1440P Camera is affordable and versatile. It is a forward-facing driving camera that takes clear video of vehicles and the road ahead of the driver. Using 1440P HD, the SpyTec logs speeds and driving locations, as well. It has automatic off and on capability and a capacitor option for better performance in extreme temperatures.
The 160-degree wide-angle lens captures everything important by loop recording, even in low light conditions. The G-sensor automatically captures impact situations with its 2″ LCD screen and installation is a breeze thanks to its adhesive GPS windshield mount. The driving camera has 7-hour HD video and but does not include a 64GB memory card.
Pros: The SpyTec driver camera takes the place of your rear-view mirror, making it exceptionally easy to use. The driver still has access to rear viewing.
Cons: Some customers were disappointed that the camera did not also record the back of the car or the area into which the car is backing.
3. The Guluk T2 Car Dash Cam
The Guluk T2 Car Dash Cam has the processing capacity of a professional sports camera. This driving camera is for the perfectionists among you. This deluxe dash cam boasts these high-quality features:
- Wireless WiFi connection
- Camcorder and mobile app control
- Capture, edit, share videos via smartphone
- Instant Facebook posting
- 12-second video with one tap
- Share scenery, road conditions, live videos with friends
- Ultra-mini size
- Easy mounting
- 360-degree rotatable structure
- Recording ability inside and out
- Highly sensitive silicon microphone
- Aptina full HD image sensor
- 64GB storage, 1080PI
- Infrared filter
- f2.0 ultra-high-quality video
- Clear license plate captures
- Smart Go 1.0 System and Parking Monitor
- Fatigue monitoring
- Motion, Crash, Vibration, Collision automatic recording
- Video file locking system
- Sound monitor when someone comes near automobile
- 152-degree WDR
- The fatigue alarm is a feature most car drivers are delighted to have added to their vehicles.
- A few customers were upset because the stealth feature did not work because of the silver chrome around the lens and the glowing blue light that shines continually. The camera can easily be seen from outside the vehicle.
2. WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam with GPS – 2K Super HD
The Wheel Witness HD Pro Dash Cam comes with a GPS, 2K Super HD, a 170-degree lens, 16GB micro SD, an advanced driver assistance feature, a night-vision component, and an Ambarella A7LA50 car security DVR.
Everything recorded on this driving camera is in crisp 2304 x 1296P resolution. Seeing details will be a snap. The Wide Dynamic Range/HDR technology makes for above-average night video. The camera also comes with three mounting adhesives to allow the dash cam to move from vehicle to vehicle.
The camera is GPS-enabled, and its extra-wide angled lens with a 170-degree capacity allows for easy capture of everything in front of your car and that information records on a continuous loop that will automatically delete the oldest file and replace it with current video.
- Many buyers were amazed at the quality of the images and the crystal-clear display capabilities of the Wheel Witness camera.
- An Uber driver wanted to have the ability to video his back seat area, ut this driving camera does not have the features to do so.
1. Rexing V1 2.4″ LCD FHD 1080p 170 Wide Angle
The affordable Rexing V1 2.4″ LCD FHD 1080p 170 Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder is a stand-out due to its precise video quality. This camera mounts to the windshield and avoids detection from the outside.
Because of its wide range, it performs well in low lighting and adjusts its exposure automatically to ensure balanced images and video. This driving camera has a six-layer, 170-degree glass lens that captures a comprehensive view of the road ahead, a feature not found on most other drive cameras.
You can set this camera and forget it thanks to its loop recording feature with 3-, 5-, or 10-minute video files (Buyers may order a 128GB card support separately). Data files are recorded one after another until the SD card is full. Then the drive camera will go back to the first files and record over them one by one.
The Rexing has an accident auto-detection feature, or G-Sensor, which automatically locks and saves any video files taken when it detects unusually disruptive changes of position. Rexing also offers outstanding customer service on a 24-hour basis.
- Manipulating the “saving” mode can easily be done while driving, unlike on some other more complicated dash cameras. Some customers are calling the Rexing the best 1080P HD dash camera in this price range on the market.
The internal battery is not long-lasting and the camera came with only one double-sided mounting tape.
This technology, once used only by police departments, is now available to the public. Taking advantage of one of these technological conveniences portends better safety for you and your family.